Do you often struggle with procrastination and feel overwhelmed with what needs to get done? It's not just you, many people do.
It can start with subtle anxiety about your workload that later causes a mental block and lack of focus. The deteriorated focus can create a habit of procrastination that results in a never-ending cycle of overwhelm. Luckily, there's a practical solution.
Creating tasks is a great way to end the cycle of procrastination and overwhelm. You can do this for paying bills or even to help organize your thoughts.
Here are some helpful techniques to ensure your tasks maximize your productivity:
- Make your tasks specific and achievable. This will ensure that you can enjoy the gratification of goal completion at the end of your day. The more positive you feel about achieving your daily goals, the more likely you'll continue to be proactive.
- If you are struggling with motivation, use timers or alarms so you can stay on track with your goals. This will allow you to see how much time is left and discourage you from wasting your day.
- Allow your tasks to have a dual purpose. For example, you could use your list of daily tasks as inspiration for blog articles.
- Download the Habit Tracker application. It's great at helping organize specific daily goals and it gives positive encouragement that will keep you motivated.
- Don't overload your plate. Too much pressure on unattainable goals can make it difficult to focus on any task at all.
- Use the Pomodoro Technique: a time management method where you work in 25-minute intervals followed by 5-minute breaks. It’s important to ignore distractions and to focus on the task at hand for the duration of the interval.
- If you can't realistically finish it in a day, then break your task down into smaller, more manageable pieces.
- Write out the details. Have an easy to follow visual of all the steps that are needed to be done to complete your task. This will help you avoid time-consuming mistakes that will put you behind schedule.
- Create deadlines so that you don't spend too much time on any one task.
- Set reminders of upcoming goals. This will better organize due dates, appointments and what needs to be done.
Maximizing your productivity can be a game-changer in business and at home. Make a commitment to yourself and stay on track. Not only will you have the benefits of productivity but you'll also improve your confidence and happiness.
If digital strategy is one of your goals, reach out to Slicedbread for experienced support. We're here to help businesses reach their ultimate goals in growth and productivity.