Are you ready to take your business to the next level with a digital marketing strategy? Or maybe you’ve already dipped your toes into the water, but advertising on Instagram is still a bit outside of your wheelhouse.
Whether you’re trying social media advertising for the first time, or trying to elevate your current strategy, we’re here to take you through advertising on Instagram. Keep reading!
What are Instagram ads?
Instagram ads are marketing tools designed to help businesses boost their posts with just a tap, in order to inspire new audiences and target their ideal customer. They’re simple, effective, and accessible – you don’t have to be a tech wiz to see the benefits!
Targeted ads on Instagram
Inspiration for new audiences starts with making a decision about what kind of customer is most important to your business, then finding a way to reach them with adjustable targeting choices.
What do you know about your target demographic? Consider their age, location and everyday habits when choosing which ads to target with and when to run them.
Are Instagram ads expensive?
How much you spend is totally within your control! The cost to advertise is determined by the budget that works best for you. You can update it at any time to fit your business objectives.
All about Ads ManagerAds Manager is an advanced all-in-one tool that has multiple functions. With Ads Manager you can:
- Create a multi-platform campaign for your ads across both Instagram and Facebook.
- Create a new ad if you do not want to use an existing post.
- Turn an existing post into an Instagram ad.
Instagram Advertising in 7 Steps
Let’s walk through the process of creating a new multi-platform campaign, step by step:
- Open up your Ads Manager on Instagram.
- Choose your target audience. (It can be as broad or well-defined as you like.)
- Manage and set up an overall budget for your campaign. This can be set for a daily or lifetime budget. A daily budget is the amount you're willing to spend per day. A lifetime budget is the total amount you’re willing to spend within a certain time frame.
- Run your ads across multiple apps in the Meta family with automatic placements. Automatic placements allow for more flexibility within the delivery system, giving your ads a chance at better results.
- Adjust your budget, audience, creative, and placement options. Note that there’s an option to edit multiple ads at once, giving you the power to relaunch, duplicate, or pause your ad campaign at any time.
- Consider using the Dynamic Creative feature. The Dynamic Creative feature combines your text, images, and videos in ideal ways for your audience - which is almost like delivering personalized ads to your target customer!
- Test ad performances and adjust accordingly. Testing the performance of different ads against each other is the best way to determine which has the most ideal product set, target audience, creative, delivery optimization and placement. Once you see which ones are working, turn off ads that aren’t converting and focus on the ads that are thriving.
Tracking progress and analyzing performance is key when it comes to the overall success of Instagram ads - and with the reporting tools available to you, it’s easier than ever!
With Instagram reporting tools, you can get insight on whether or not your ads are reaching the intended goals: you can identify where to adjust your audience, image or budget, and even spot trends over time that can help improve your overall campaign performance.
Check back in soon for more digital marketing tips & tricks!