We are Slicedbread - a boutique digital creative, marketing, and advertising agency based in Los Angeles, sunny Southern California. With the endlessly evolving digital landscape that is the world wide web, we are constantly striving to find creative and inspiring ways to communicate with the broader audience through the tools and platforms that helped us make information so widely accessible. With commitment, perseverance, hard work, and most importantly, the right team, we have no doubt that our unique vernacular and methods toward online marketing and advertising will pave the way for more efficient, effective, and meaningful relationships that can be built between people from all walks of life.
What We Want
With big dreams come big needs. We are looking for a full-time, web development manager that not only understands the importance of managing a team of engineers efficiently and effectively, but also has a genuine passion for their craft and wishes to share those amongst others they work with. Our team comprises of individuals that never settles for complacency and we seek to find like-minded individuals that share the same philosophies in their skill and in their environments. This web development manager will oversee a team of developers and ensure everyone is able to execute their jobs well and also help us ensure timelines and goals are met. Expertise and proven work experience with platforms such as Shopify, Magento, and Wordpress are critical. He/she will also need to be comfortable with Waterfall style work environments and even in some cases, be willing to dive into working code themselves to assist team members or help push projects and objectives to completion.
We’d like to talk to you if:
- You have explicit web development management experience
- You know platforms such as Shopify and can develop within front-end web code as well as Liquid
- You have an eye for good product and know what makes a professional website look professional
- You see development as part of design and UX
- You believe there is more than one “right” solution to any challenge
- You believe that testing is as important as coding
- You are detail oriented and well organized
The Ideal Candidate Should Have:
- 3-4 years of working experience as a web development manager.
- 2+ years of working experience as a web developer (either frontend or backend, or both).
- Expert level proficiency in the following platforms:
- Wordpress / Woocommerce
- Proficiencies in both “Agile” and “Waterfall” management styles.
- Proficiencies with project management softwares such as Clickup, Monday.com, Jira, Asana, and/or Basecamp.
- Proficiencies with command-line level version control (Git) and remote server management (SSH)
- Proficiencies with server structures such as Apache or Nginx.
- Proficiencies with Shopify’s Liquid syntax and operations.
- Proficiencies in front-end frameworks, specifically Bootstrap and Zurb.
- Proficiencies in databases such as MySQL.
- Familiarity with extracting assets using Photoshop, XD, or Figma.
- Familiarity with popular hosting servers and platforms such as AWS.
- Familiarity with deployment services and processes such as RightScale.
Nice to haves:
- Proficiencies in setting up development and staging environments.
- Proficiencies with SASS/LESS.
- Proficiencies with build tools and bundlers such as Gulp/WebPack.
- Proficiencies in systems administrative tasks, such as cache setup/configuration, server load balancing, CDN technologies, etc.
What we offer in return:
- A highly collaborative work environment that takes a team first approach.
- Freedom to work in the comfort of your home office, cafe, etc. or at the LA office.
- Freedom to explore new technologies and implement new processes; Build a team the way you envision.
- Opportunity to spend 10% of work time on self-directed projects/experiments/etc.
- Paid vacation, holidays, sick days (it’s important to take time off to recharge).
- Really awesome people. No joke.
Applicants may receive a test to demonstrate certain competencies and will need to have completed within a certain timeframe. Given the nature of the job, the test will likely include some form of development to assess your aptitude around the development frameworks and technology stacks our team is regularly working with. The details of the test will be provided to applicants separately.