You’ve worked really hard on your content. You’ve made all the right moves. You’ve made some good investments. You’ve stayed up countless nights making sure your content generates the highest traffic for your site. You are a voice in the industry! Your content has legitimate digital value, so what do you do now?
You cash in.
So, while you keep up the good work of engaging your audience, you can actually activate an entirely new stream of income through the powerful advertising tool called Google AdSense.
What is Google AdSense?
Google AdSense allows you to take your abundant website traffic and turn it into dollars by showing them ads, which makes it the perfect tool for content creators. If you have a website that provides you with some quality and generous traffic, you can start monetising your content. Behind the scenes, Google will create relationships between your website content and text or image ads according to the profile of your visitors. It’s taking your audience and putting other ads out for them, while paying you in the process for hosting that space.
Sounds great, doesn’t it! However, it’s important to understand that your revenue will be variable and not static, as you are paid according to what advertisers pay for every ad position. Every space you offer for advertising, goes through an auction, and you make money on that auction.
How AdSense works?
- First you must Insert the AdSense code in your website page and choose the spaces where you want ads to appear.
- Advertisers will take part in a live auction for that space and the winner will get their ad shown in that space.
- The platform collects money from all the advertisers that advertise on your site and then gives them to you.
Before starting to use AdSense, you need to get approved by Google, with the following
- Your website and all its content must comply with AdSense program policies and terms and conditions.
- Your website should be at least 6 months old.
- You, the applicant, must be over 18 years old.
But even if the requirements are met, you can get disapproved by Google, so take this process seriously and make sure all of your t’s are crossed and your i’s are dotted before you submit for approval.
What are the benefits of using Google Adsense?
- You’re already making content, so make more money doing what you’re already doing.
- Only the highest paid ads show, which means more money for you
- Google delivers only the right ads for your audience
- You are in control over the ads delivered.
And now that we have teased you about this amazing feature, we’ll actually take you through the steps on how to set it up on your website.
- First, before you do anything, make sure your site follows the best practices, by checking the Google Eligibility Requirements
- Go to https://www.google.com/adsense/start/ and log in with your Google account (you can use the gmail account).
- Submit the application form and wait to see if Google considers your site to be eligible for AdSense. This part can take a bit of time, so be patient.
- Then you can move to the next step, which requires you to add the AdSense code into your site
- After hitting “Done” you can start configuring your ads in terms of: ad size, ad type, text style
- Last but not least, verify your address.
Once you have performed the earlier steps you will have one final step to complete… but that doesn’t come until you start making money.
When you start generating revenue from AdSense, you’ll receive a card from Google, by email. This card will have a PIN associated with your AdSense account. Follow the instructions to verify the pin online, and you are all set!
Go on! You’ve worked hard to get to where you are, take this opportunity to completely capitalize on your hard work, and generate another stream of income that moves alongside your already successful business.